Thursday, February 7, 2008

Buying ATVI into Earnings

I initiated a small position in ATVI a few weeks ago when the share price dropped below the price that Vivendi (the company buying ATVI) is offering - $27.50.

As the markets have pulled back a little over the past week, Activision has dipped again. As of this morning, it was a little under $26.

So, in anticipation of good earnings today, I bought some Activision calls. The February 27.5 calls were only at 30 cents/contract, so though the time frame is pretty short, I pulled the trigger.

I anticipate great earnings today; Activision led holiday sales on many systems with Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero 3. I believe that they'll beat (or at least not disappoint), people will remember that they'll be getting at least $27.50 for their shares in a few months, and the price will pop up a few dollars within the next few sessions.




"I trade with TradeKing: $4.95 stock and options trades, plus lots of tools. It's simply the best way to invest. Click here to find out more."

No comments:

Search StudentStocks or the web. Thanks for your support!

Google